Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Erotic Author Interview - LT Ville AKA Lustyville


She specializes in gay fiction with a twist and she's all lusty. LT Ville was kind enough to sit down and chit-chat. Here's what she had to say...

How did you get your start/what made you decide to become a writer of erotica?

I have loved erotica for as long as I can remember. In college, I would stay up half the night reading stories on Nifty. It was a terrible addiction for a few years. There were some horrible stories on the site but there were also some really good stories.

I discovered a female author and that kicked the door open for me. I was both surprised and comforted to find her. She took away all of the shame that I had associated with my secret obsession. After that, I started writing the type of stories I wanted to read.

From what or where do you derive the most inspiration for your stories? 

This is going to sound horrible, but I derive most of my inspiration from the intimate details of my friends’ lives. I guess in some ways I live vicariously through them. I also derive a lot of inspiration from random observations that I’ve made about people.

There’s nothing sexier than seeing the intense chemistry between two men who are “just friends” then going home and writing a story based on them taking their relationship to the next level.

What are you working on at the moment?

I am currently working on editing Bump This. Bump This is an urban story set in Harlem. I have the perfect cover for the story, but I can’t seem to focus enough to finish editing it.

Do you find it difficult to keep sex scenes fresh and interesting?

Yes! Sometimes I’ll read one of my old stories and see that I used a similar scene and I want to scream. I know that certain phrases and acts are unavoidable but I don’t want to say the same thing each time. I’m not a cut and paste type of author. I like my stories to be unique. In honesty though, I spend more time worrying about the authenticity of my sex scenes than I do with whether they are fresh or interesting. I have a few friends and a couple members of my group who provide feedback on scenes.

What's your process? Do you enjoy listening to music or do you need quiet?

I don’t have a set process. Sometimes I sit in a quiet room and write, but most times I have the television on in the background and I camp out on the sofa and spend hours writing. Sometimes I listen to music, but I do that the least because I often find myself focusing on the song more than the words that I’m writing.

Do your family and friends know you write erotica if so, how have they reacted? 

I was scared to tell my family about what I wrote. I come across as a very wholesome, sweet person, so most people think that erotica is out of character for me. My friends knew that I was a man lover so they didn’t bat an eye, but my family wasn’t privy to that information, so it took a while for me to tell them. My mother and my sister know and they have reacted okay to it. My sister has been the most supportive. I guess all the gay themed books I read as a teenager kind of tipped her off.

Who/what do you enjoy reading in your spare time?

Most of my favorite authors are no longer updating their stories, so I don’t read many stories in my spare time. In terms of reading for the sake of reading, I spend a lot of time reading articles on various topics. I love learning about new things. In case he happens to stumble across this interview, I would like to state for the record that I enjoy reading Savage Love.

What’s your favorite food? 

The teenager in me is still in love with pizza and French fries, but I’m trying to expand my taste. Thus far, I have made it to cheese quesadillas, but my adult favorite food is still a work in progress.

If you could pick one place in the world to retire to, where would it be?

I haven’t seen enough of the world to answer that question.

If you have a sexual bucket list, share with us one or two things on your list.

I buried my sexual bucket list when I turned twenty-five for fear that I was too old to be caught doing some of the things on the list. Now I’m wondering if I should have burned the list for good measure.

Be sure to check out Take me to Bed: Saturday Morning on Amazon on sale right now for $.99.

Stroke ya later...

No comments:

Post a Comment